morningpages

Julia Cameron advices us to start each day with writing. Three pages handwriting frees us from unproductive thinking, useless worrying and more. It opens the mind to what is really important to us and makes us more creative, she says.

I know a lot of artists who do writing faithfully.

I started doing the morningpages more than seven years ago and have grown adicted to them. If for some reason I don't do them, the day seems a bit lost.

The form of my routine has changed a lot over the years. I used to write my three pages faithfully, but nowadays I often write only a few words and then start drawing. Drawing and painting free and clean my mind even faster then writing does. I hope Julia is not offended by my adaptation of the routine.

The pages above are from this morning.

Comments