drawingproject: 21 fishes, day 1

For ages I want to draw more from reality or from photo's. Not because I like it so much (I rather just doodle around), but because I think it will make my art better. I think that working only from imagination sometimes leads to predictability in my art. 

Today I started a project. Since I draw a lot of fishes from imagination, now for 21 days I am going to draw one fish a day from a photo or reality. To temper high expectations, I don't need to make big art in this project. Just some ideas, doodles or whatever around fishes. It's not my goal to make the drawings as real as possible. I hope I will be inspired and find new forms, textures etc. I hope there will be more variation in my fishes after these 21 days. 

By the way: I am a bit afraid that I will be bored by the project before the 21 days are over. 
I tend to have that like a real artist is supposed to.
We will see what happens.

Anyway, this is day one and fish one. This is a so called klippfish ('klipvis' in dutch).

See you tomorrow!

Comments