1011 hearts


'today I drew 1011 hearts' (detail)

I gave myself an assignment today: draw 1000 hearts on these pages. It was an interesting proces. At first I drew slow and wanted them all to be beautiful. Then I tried to make them faster, finding a way to draw a heart in one line. Then I had so many doubts: it's not going to be 'good', 1000 hearts are not going to fit here, why not make 500, but I promissed to do 1000. Listening to all these thought while counting was quite a task, I can tell you. When I was at 1000 hearts I had to do a few more.
What was this assignment telling me about myself? A lot, I guess.

Comments

  1. Boy, what a great idea! We don't slow down long enough to do things like this, and yes, it has to bring a positive focus...Thanks for sharing!🌻Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Laura! I'm now trying something alike with fowers!

      Delete

Post a Comment