welcome!

'welcome'
mixed media on squared moleskine paper 

Tomorrow I'll welcome all my six brothers and sisters in my home. 
Most with their partners and some with their children. 
It will be a gathering of about 20 people. 
We will remember our parents who are no longer among us.
They would have had their birthdays on februari 19. 
Yes, they were born exactly three years apart. 
As children we thought that it was a normal thing for parents to have their birthday on the same day.
Tomorrow we will be together in their name and have a party as if they are still alive.
Actually it feels like they are still among us.
I can still imagine what they would say in a particular situation.
I haven't forgotten their laughs and certainly not their love.
For eachother and for all of us.

Happy birthday, Mam and Dad, wherever you are!
 

Comments