okay... and now what?

okay... and now what?

That's what friend and artist Sacha Wendt asked me after I published my blogpost on not being happy with how I am presenting myself online.
And she is right of course. That is the big question. What am I going to do with my blog?

One thing is that I will be writing more on what happens in me and in my life and how that reflects in the art. I want to write more on how art makes me feel, the importnace of art, or maybe the unimportance about it.

Today I got up a bit late late. I love to get up early and to have made some art before all the 'to-do's' jump on me and take my attention and focus away from art.
I doodled and doodled and doodled some 20 blogposts together. They only exist in my head. I can have really good ideas while doodling. 

Here is one of the doodles of this morning:


One of the blogposts was about visiting musea or galleries. Recently I visited some exhibitions of artists I admire. Every visit left me completely overstimulated, tired and worn out. For days I couldn't stop thinking about what I had seen. 

What is the reason for that? I think that I look at art in a different way these days. When I look at something I seem to enter the piece of art and try to find out what the artist was thinking, no, feeling while making this. What were the struggles, at what part did the flow kick in, what mood made this blue take its place in this painting? That kind of questions enter my mind all the time while looking at art. And I think that can be pretty tiresome all that thinking...

I used to look only for inspiration when looking at work of others. Looking for ideas on colorschemes or themes. I used to look fast and after having seen most of the work the only thing I wanted to do is run home to my studio and paint until deep in the night.

Well Sacha, I don't know what I will be doing on my blog but I think you can expect pieces like the above. Just writing down what's happening in my life as an artist. Maybe people will recognize something and maybe they want to react.


Studio Garbage



Comments