Today I completed the 12 weeks  lasting course described in the book 'The Artist's Way, a spiritual path to higher creativity', written by Julia Cameron. Being interested in creativity, its development and its contribution to personal growth and to solutions to worldproblems, I started this course on the 26th of april. 

I was also interested in finding out if the course would be engaging and thrilling  enough for me to complete the 12 weeks. I tend to get bored easily by this kind of things.




But this time it was different. For instance, the course requires that you write 3 pages every morning. It doesn't matter what it is about or whether the writing is any good. I got completely hooked to the writing en almost never skipped a day. 




Right now I'm not going to write more about this course. What I want to do now is share a few lines from one of the last pages of the book, which  I like a lot and which cover a few of the basic ideas of Julia Cameron:













All creative ideas are children who deserve our protection.





All creative success requires creative failure.




Comments