doodle



About the holy art of  DOODLING *


According to Wikipedia  a doodle is  'a type of sketch, an unfocused drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shape' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doodle)


To me doodling is the starting point of almost everything I make in art. It points me the way to what I want to say (whether in words or in lines and colors), but of which I wasn’t so quite aware until now. So the doodle is the first step of an always exciting adventure, a voyage to the unknown corners of my thoughts or feelings. The doodle leads me to new associations, new ways of seeing things, to making new connections between several ideas.


So for me the doodle is not unfocused, but the hand of some one,who maybe I could call my Muse.


*thanks to msWord  for this doodle-like fonttype

Comments